Featured Post

Watch your filter

The start of my teen years was not only filled with Middle School and teen awkwardness. I was also greeted with Type 1 diabetes, epilepsy, a...

Monday, March 21, 2016

Watch your filter

The start of my teen years was not only filled with Middle School and teen awkwardness. I was also greeted with Type 1 diabetes, epilepsy, and Hashimoto hypothyroid.

I had/still have a wonderful,supportive family, and great doctors and nurses. As anyone with any chronic illness knows, I also had and still have people all around giving me their well intended, but quite ignorant advice and comments.

I have come to the point where I just have to laugh at people's lack of a filter in their comments, and try to educate anyone I can about my conditions. If you tell me or ask me something about diabetes or epilepsy get ready for an earful from me. If you tell me to go to your naturopath or try different food to cure me get ready for me to laugh at your ignorance and give you the stink eye.  These things that are said do not offend me- they are just stupid and I reserve the right to make fun!

Enjoy the ridiculous comments and advice, and always watch your filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment