Featured Post

Watch your filter

The start of my teen years was not only filled with Middle School and teen awkwardness. I was also greeted with Type 1 diabetes, epilepsy, a...

Monday, April 25, 2016

Worrier

Since I was a child I have been a worrier. Unable to sleep (in the winter)  as an 8 yo worrying about taking swimming lessons. Worrying as a seventh grade student that I didn't get an A in every class.  Surprisingly (note sarcasm), after having years of seizures in the part of the brain that controls emotion and having part of that part of my brain taken out I had increased anxiety and depression.

Said: "You know, faith is the opposite of fear"

*A friend asked me if I had noticed difference after my surgery. I told her about increased anxiety and depression- she asked details and then gave me this. Yes, B#&$%, I am sure it has nothing to do with 20 years of seizures and the recent brain surgery- faith is the problem. I believe in the power of faith, but I don't believe in people diagnosing others as having a lack of faith.

Should have said: I hope that you find something that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment